Started Jan 28, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JV Price
Junior MemberPosts: 46Gear list
Like?
USB Not Working
Jan 28, 2013

I am not able to get my E-P3 USB connection to work. I connected the PC card, turned on the camera and I don't get any indication of a connection on either the computer or the camera. I've tried different custom settings (auto and pc) and nothing works. I tried on different computers and got the same indication. Then I tried the A/V cord. The manual says the the LCD screen should go blank when connected, but that does not happen. I cannot cause any display to come up on my TV.

Does anyone know if there is some kind of "global" reset for the camera that will possibly make the USB port functional again? Or anything else that comes to mind that I might check?

I was thinking about buying a remote shutter trigger, but now I wonder if that also would fail to work since it uses the same USB camera port? I can still process images by downloading direct from the SD card; I suppose most folks do it that way.

I bought the E-P3 used a few months back. Everything seems to work just fine - a wonderful camera; and this USB issue is the only problem I've come across. I only recently wanted to use the USB connection and then discovered the problem. I hate to think that this might turn into some expensive repair bill. Ideas/help would be appreciated.

JV Price's gear list:JV Price's gear list
Canon PowerShot A590 IS Olympus PEN E-P3
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow