Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Robgo2
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,482
Like?
Re: Slightly OT raw converter discussion
In reply to jonska, Jan 28, 2013

jonska wrote:

Robgo2 wrote:

Actually, Photo Ninja has a growing number of users, many of whom are ecstatic both with the results and the ease of use. Rest assured that it raises the bar considerably for raw convertors, and the competition will have to work overtime just to catch up. I have participated in some of the PN discussions on DPR, and many of the negative comments hinged on unfamiliarity with the UI, which was not always the user's fault. It is a new program, and most of us early adopters are still figuring it out, but the more I use it, the more I am convinced that it is the best raw convertor by far. Download a trial version and judge for yourself. Just take time to understand the presets and adjustment tools. There aren't many, but they are powerful.

Rob

I will try it, even if it is just for fun. After all, I have tried CS5, Silkypix, Elements and several free programmes. As far as I am concerned, every minute saved in pp is a minute gained in shooting time (assuming, of course, that the results are as good or better). Noise Ninja, in any case, will only be pried from me from underneath my bleeding fingernails.

-- hide signature --

Shooting since '59 and still waiting for a keeper

Well, then you might be interested to learn that the latest version of Noise Ninja is only available as part of Photo Ninja.  It cannot be purchased separately.  It's good that you are open to something new, but as you will see, PN is a serious piece of software.  It is lots of fun to use, but it's not just for fun.

BTW, even if you ultimately choose Photo Ninja, I still think that it is essential to have a pixel level editing program, at least for local adjustments.  If you already own CS5 or Elements, then you have that covered.

Rob

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow