Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
LaFonte
Senior MemberPosts: 2,659Gear list
So what?
In reply to autoy, Jan 28, 2013

autoy wrote:

TThorne wrote:

I'm really happy that you like your X-Cam/s as do I, but criticism of the tool is just as valuable to potential buyers as tips, instructions, and examples of the positive aspects of the camera. Just because owners do not like to see any mention of flaws in the equipment they chose to their money on does not mean that information is silly or non constructive. Would you also suggest a sticky of all the known issues and obstacles potential buyers should know prior to purchase? Or how about a sticky that points out the various types of photography and the level of difficulty that might be experienced if using one of the current X-Cams?

-- hide signature --

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Sir Winston Churchill

It's not that there can't be any criticism, it's that every little niggle with the X cameras is so completely overblown with dozen of repeated threads at this point that's totally misguiding newcomers and filling the forum with noise.

I bought x100 mainly because of the feedback of people on this very forum. I was largely influenced in buying x pro 1 because of this forum as well. So what if you see negative posts ? We are not married to the gear. The negative post make sure you don't get any unexpected surprises. X100 slow focus? I already knew about it when I was buying it. Possible SAB? Ditto and also way how to check it.
Would I buy x100 if this forum didn't exist - probably not.

It is the 21st century. Few decades ago you had absolutely no way to get any non-PR info about any stuff unless you personally know people who owns it. It was just buy and figure it for yourself or read an article in magazine that often was not better than the PR copy the company produced.

Today with such huge amount of gear it is essential to be able to go on internet and read comments from other people. Is it a completely reliable? No, but it is infinitely better than to rely on manufacturer sell copy.

LaFonte's gear list:LaFonte's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +1 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow