ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
coder01
Junior MemberPosts: 33
Like?
Is it necessary to set dpi before printing
Jan 28, 2013

I edit images in PE.

i have always cropped my image to the size I intend to print, and set it to 300dpi, when I make the crop..

that has always been my first step before adjusting color and making any other adjustments to the image.

finally when I am done I send it to the printer and tell PE to print actual size, 13 x 19.

yesterday I printed one of these , but I told the printer to make the image 4 x 6.

after doing this I wondered what dpi the printer used since I printed at roughly 33% of what the image was created at.

the more important question that next arose was do I have to bother setting the dpi and cropping the image ?

i guess the crop is necessary so I have an image that fits my paper size. However can I not bother with dpi or can it be set later in a printer dialogue box.

when I want to print these images smaller than their original crop will I get a better image if I use the original image and crop it to the intended new size and set it to 300-350 dpi for a smaller size?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 300D (EOS Digital Rebel / EOS Kiss Digital)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow