OM-D E-M5 a huge disappointment for me...

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
nolaalon
Junior MemberPosts: 29
Like?
Re: Just wondering...
In reply to Art_P, Jan 28, 2013

Art_P wrote:

Are you using the OM-D with or w/o grip?

I'm wondering if that makes a difference- the added mass might buffer shock?

Another thing to wonder about- do some cameras have weaker electromagnets, or perhaps not properly calibrated?

I find the IS is good on my camera, but not good enough for a handheld 2 second exposure... I do better braced against a tree though, and don't take out the tripod as often as I did w the E-520.

One more thing- most of the accounts of shutter shock I remember reading about occurred at specific shutter speeds, faster or slower and it went away, IIRC. Does your issue occur at only one shutter speed or across the board.

-- hide signature --

Art P
"I am a creature of contrast,
of light and shadow.
I live where the two play together,
I thrive on the conflict"

At this stage don't think that IS is the culprit...  What I find is that it is nearly impossible for me to get good sharp results hand holding in the 1/8 - 1/200 range without introducing an anti-shock delay.  Once the anti-shock delay is introduced the camera behavior with respect to hand held shots is more in line with what I expect.  My feeling is that I am a victim of "shutter shock"...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow