What is mFT FoV?

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Questions thread
mapgraphs
Regular MemberPosts: 391Gear list
Like?
Re: Some comparisons
In reply to gollywop, Jan 28, 2013

gollywop wrote:

Interesting, Guy. That's a heck of a lot less difference than I'm seeing with the 12-35 at 12mm. And I'm sure you're right about nebulousness, but I was just trying to figure out of all that "added space" I was seeing with my 12-35 was being included in the 12mm focal length FoV. According to Anders it's not, and I suspect he's correct. I'll do some measurements when I get a chance.

-- hide signature --

gollywop

It sounds like what you are experiencing is artifacting attributed by some to incorrect camera and lens data found in some 3rd party RAW converters.

From what I've experienced and read, not all RAW converters use the same data nor use their data in exactally the same way. Apparently data on cameras and lenses can come from a variety of sources and there is no guarantee that the specifications in the data sets are as dependable as OEM data - which would also have potential QA issues. There is a definite lack of independent information on any of this. A lot of people take the RAW conversion process as tested and proven. I doubt it truely is with 3rd party software, but time will tell. Your examples do raise similar questions.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Guy:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow