which would be the best raw processor for the XE-1?

Started Jan 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
David Hardaway
Regular MemberPosts: 176Gear list
Like?
Re: which would be the best raw processor for the XE-1?
In reply to Charuteiro, Jan 28, 2013

I am using the bundled software Silkypix version 3xxx

I open the the image in Silkypix default settings nothing changed except under sharpening I select MAX Demosaic, then in development parameters I leave everything as default and then increase unsharp mask to 100% (max is 500%). then I export to TIF and import to Lightroom.  Silkypix can do this as batch as well. Very fast and simple.

The comparison image as requested I did 100 % crop of 3 images.

left to right - Image 1 left is JPEG OOC, Image 2 center is RAF to TIF as described and adjusted exposure etc in LR (NO SHARPENING in LR), Image 3 right is the RAF file developed straight in Lightroom.

Now I will do a side by side comparison with the C1 conversion done by DPReview and my middle image from above which is the Silkypix to tif to Lightroom.  In my opinion this easy process using the software that came with the camera beats Capture one. Capture one does look good. You be the judge.

Thoughts? Opinions?

-- hide signature --

Regards,
David
www.photographybydmichael.com

David Hardaway's gear list:David Hardaway's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS M Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow