Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Vernon D Rainwater
Forum ProPosts: 12,006
Like?
Re: Basis of knowledge, please clarify
In reply to Detail Man, Jan 28, 2013

Detail Man wrote:

Vernon D Rainwater wrote:

Regarding Feedback: I believe that when providing Feedback, if there is a specific request included in the Feedback for a Reply, then Dpreview staff that handle that function try to indeed provide feedback to the originator.

Am curious about what specific form of knowledge that you are basing your stated belief upon.

Found no mention of the word "reply", "respond", or "response" here:

http://www.dpreview.com/members/feedback

... and this single appearance of the word "respond" in the therein-referenced FAQ:

Can I email you?

I really prefer it if you use our feedback page, I get well over 200 emails every day and thus it's very unlikely that I will be able to respond to any email sent. All feedback sent on our feedback page is read.

http://www.dpreview.com/misc/sitefaq

This naturally will not be in "Real Time" since that would be impossible to handle with the Staff

NOTE: Just in case if anyone is wondering, I am neither a Politician or a Minister

I don't keep a copy of Link reference to such posts, however; to the best of my memory I have read this in Post by Simon Joinson, Editor-in-chief.

Sorry you have not been able to find using Search. I find the Search very useful providing I use an appropriate search criteria.

I just checked and find there are 1576 posts by Simon. If you are not able to find by using Search, then if it is that important to you -- you may desire to search on his name and read his various posts.

Another method may be to send a Feedback regarding this subject and "Specifically" request a Reply to your Feedback that explains their specific policy regarding Reply to the sender of Feedback -- when a Reply is requested in the Feedback sent to Dpreview.

Thanks for your interest.....

-- hide signature --

Vernon...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow