Moving on from posts re selling a Fuji X camera or X-trans problems...

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
John Carson
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,055Gear list
Like?
Re: Moving on from posts re selling a Fuji X camera or X-trans problems...
In reply to sgoldswo, Jan 28, 2013

sgoldswo wrote:

John Carson wrote:

sgoldswo wrote:

It's a bit tragic that some here feel they need to create fake IDs to knock the cameras and/or sensors.

Multiple IDs are a problem. However, a short posting history isn't proof of that. It is perfectly natural behaviour for someone considering or having completed a major camera purchase for the first time to sign up to a forum in order to get information about a camera of interest.

-- hide signature --

john carson

I agree with you, up to the point where they ask the exact same question that's literally just fallen off the front page, as it falls off (sometimes before it falls off).

Novice users generally are the least likely to know to do a search so this is not surprising at all.

In any event, the particular case that prompted the original post was a new poster who posted twice, 2 months ago, loved his X-Pro1, now two months later he posts again - he hates it because it isn't a DSLR and is selling it. Bit odd? I recently sold a camera and I didn't feel the need to tell another DPR forum where I posted semi regularly - why would someone who is even less involved do that?

Why make the original posts? A desire to share their experience presumably. Having made a public statement endorsing a camera, a person might then feel the need to "correct the record" in light of further experience.

What is the alternative explanation? That they planned to rubbish the X-Pro1 all along, that they made a post praising the X-Pro1 just to set the scene for the later rubbishing, that they waited two months before completing the plan? That is more trouble and planning than I would consider plausible.

-- hide signature --

john carson

John Carson's gear list:John Carson's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow