how bad is iq on tz30 ? better to go with fz150 or fz200?

Started Jan 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
katterina
Regular MemberPosts: 247
Like?
how bad is iq on tz30 ? better to go with fz150 or fz200?
Jan 28, 2013

Hi all,

I am looking to upgrade my compact camera which is currently a tz5. I was thrilled to see an upgrade in the tz30 but less than happy wiyh the amount of negative comments i have seen feom reviews around image quality and noise.

I am travelling to the far east soon and need something that will still give me good photos. I have a d50 a d300s but dont want to take these with me as its a beach and city holiday in high heat. Therefore i was looking at something smaller. Ideally a compact that i can take anywhere and i am also attending a wedding where i will be taking pictures. I have been considering the tz30 vs the canon 260 but am even less enthused by the canon. Id still like to have some control over aperture shutter and quality video would be a big plus.

Are tz30 users dissapointed with their purchase? Is it so bad in low light that you run screaming away from it? Im a bit concerned over indoor temple shots or low light at the wedding.

The only others ive seen that are the fz150 and fz200. The price of the fz200 is a bit steep considering the cost of the holiday already. I can just about afford the fz150 but its a much bigger camera and im a bit wary of leaving it in the hotel safe or keeping an eye on it all the time. I appreciate that these are bridge cameras and very different from a compact. The fz150 didnt seem to do that well in reviews i have seen.

Im just very confused over what to get. Ultimately id love to get a bridge and a decent compact for use when i dont want an slr lol. I should also say that i do not have a great monitor at the moment for photo editing as my computer is connected to tv for space reasons. I do plan on getting a good monitor when i move but wont be able to do a lot of indepth editing at the moment. The msin thing id like to do is make one of those photo books of the holiday rather than try to sell or blow them up to canvas pic size.

Any comments or thoughts would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow