Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
jonska
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,205Gear list
Like?
Re: New version
In reply to Gerry Winterbourne, Jan 28, 2013

Gerry Winterbourne wrote:

jonska wrote:

Good tip and good advice. What I could do is start by selecting all my unprocessed images (the ones with no colour code) and update those to the 2012 conversion to see what happens. No harm done, then, as it would simply be as if I had imported them all into Adobe 4 the first time. I have to think about it before I take the plunge, but thanks for the tip and advice.

If you haven't processed them at all they'll open with the new process anyway. It's only after you've touched them that your work is set at the point you did it.

That I didn't know. You saved me a few hours of work right there.

My processed images I could do one by one, or perhaps collection by collection, to see the effects (assuming that "undo" is possible).

It's easy to do that. Open the image in LR4; click the icon at bottom right and you get the new process (with your old settings translated to the new but not altered functionally). If you like it click "Done" or carry on working; if you don't like it click "Cancel" and it closes with the old settings. [These clicks are how ACR works in CS; if LR isn't exactly the same there must be an equivalent process.

Another few hours saved. This thread is paying dividends (for me, anyway).

-- hide signature --

Shooting since '59 and still waiting for a keeper

jonska's gear list:jonska's gear list
Pentax K-5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow