Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
rogerstpierre
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,383Gear list
Like?
Re: Slightly OT raw converter discussion
In reply to jonska, Jan 27, 2013

jonska wrote:

audiobomber wrote:

I don't think this is off topic at all. ...

Glad to hear it. I don't post much here but I visit this forum daily and sometimes I see OPs being told "Go and post in the X forum". I don't like to post in forums where I don't know anyone. Having frequented this forum for years I know who is who.

I was disappointed that Silkypix wasnt included in DPR's test; it meets their criteria, and from anything I've seen is the best at translating Pentax IQ. Have you tried Pentax DCU4 conversion on your raw file? I expect that Reversal Film image tone would be a good match for this photo. Landscape would be good too, but more subtle.

Strangely, any edits made in Silkypix disappear when the image is returned to LR unless I save the image and then import it into Lightroom as a jpeg. ..

-- hide signature --

Shooting since '59 and still waiting for a keeper

Nothing strange about that, LR is not able to read Silkypix development parameters, which are stored in a proprietary file format.  When you process a RAW, you are not modifying the actual file, the software writes to a file the parameters that you apply, and "reapplies" them when you open up the file, hence nothing is actually saved in the RAW file itself.

I do like Silkypix DS Pro 5 very much.  As a result of DPR review, I am trying DxO, but so far I am not impressed, DSP 5 is so much better IMO, but that's me.  While it does not have DxO camera/lens specific corrections, it's easy enough to create your own, and share them with others if you wish to.

-- hide signature --

Roger

rogerstpierre's gear list:rogerstpierre's gear list
Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax Optio 33WR Samsung TL500 Pentax K10D Pentax K-01 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow