Forum ProPosts: 12,005
Like?
Re: Forums rules, please clarify
In reply to Biggs23, Jan 27, 2013

Biggs23 wrote:

René Schuster wrote:

Biggs23 wrote:

René Schuster wrote:

Doesn't look like a very smart rule to me; if it is against the rules to "discuss the actions" of these moderators the only result will be "discussions about the moderators" themselves!

That would also be against the rules. If you have a question or issue you are welcome (encouraged even) to contact the moderator directly via PM. Hopefully most moderation issues can be worked out privately without issue.

So far it is not against the rules as that rule only mentions "the actions" of the moderators. I'd recommend to change that rule "Posts discussing moderator actions are not allowed and will be deleted" to "Posts discussing moderators and their moderating actions...."

Well, I suppose you're welcome to talk about us if you'd like, but if that talk is insulting or attacking that would then be a violation of the rules. It is against forum rules to insult or attack ANY forum member, mod or not.

It's absolutely not my intention to talk about moderators, all I am trying to point out is that the poor wording, the imperfectness of the present rule, might lead exactly to what you also see as a possible outcome, insulting and attacking moderators.

Tell dpr to modify this rule the way I suggested; it will save you moderators and all of us from a lot of unnecessary trouble!

René

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow