Anyone using an IR or Astro modified XE1 or XPro 1 or any Fuji camera?

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Astrophotographer 10
Senior MemberPosts: 4,648Gear list
Like?
Anyone using an IR or Astro modified XE1 or XPro 1 or any Fuji camera?
Jan 27, 2013

I am wondering if a 2nd XE1 modified for IR and astrophotography would be a good thing.

Sony Nex 6 has a time lapse app available for it that makes it attractive for this work. I like doing time lapses and love the internal time lapse function of the D800E. The Sony Nex one is even better as you can also use RAW for it whereas with the Nikon it only accepts jpegs in the time lapse.

My wish list for a Fuji camera would be:

1. No restriction on length of exposure. I don't know what almost all manufacturers limit exposures to 30 seconds and then use the inconvenient "bulb" setting needing an intervalometer to handle longer? I hear OMD EM5 does up to 60 seconds.

2. An internal time lapse function like the Sony Nex app with ability to save in jpeg or RAW format and it outputs a .mov file plus it can do transitions between night and day or day to night.

Also the ability to do interval shots where you can process the RAWs to form a time lapse yourself.

3. Removeable and interchangeable sensor UV/IR block filter with a range of replaceable filters so you can do infrared or astrophotography with the same camera you use for terrestial shots.

4. A heatsink behind the sensor to reduce heat and thus noise.

Greg.

Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D800E Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow