P7700 gives poor dynamic range / brightness results?

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Nikonworks
Senior MemberPosts: 2,202
Like?
Re: P770 gives poor dynamic range / brightness results?
In reply to Sol Invictus, Jan 27, 2013

Sol Invictus wrote:

I never said that photography is my profession, rather I'm trying to find a way to produce images that I (can) like. I've read the posts about the way my P7700 treats eV but I guess that what I need is P7700's clarity/detail combined with FZ-150's way of treating an image (colors etc). Again, almost all of this discussion is focused on how the P7700 responds to light and I think that there are some quick ways to fix that (software PP). Its the color reproduction that also bothers me. Images come out flat and not so "interesting".

*I wanted to have acceptable results straight OOC and not rely on software tools to have a good result. Thats what I was expecting from a premium compact.

-- hide signature --

To see a world in a grain of sand and a heaven in a wild flower, hold Infinity in the palm of your hand and Eternity in an hour...

Sol,

Lightroom, DXO, Photoshop, etc. all enable PP Presets, once created by you, to automatically correct a shoot's worth of pics to your personal liking.

These companies make millions satisfying photog's image processing needs.

If what you want OOC was attainable, these companies would not be in business.

I suggest you download the free trial of DXO and you get 30 days to create your own presets and hopefully get the results you want with a click or two of a mouse.

I do this almost every day.

Yes, there is a learning curve but...you only have to learn it once.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow