Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Mr Hyde
Regular MemberPosts: 119
Re: Laptop recommendation
In reply to simon, Jan 27, 2013

simon wrote:

Hi Mr Hyde,

I recently upgraded my laptop (hate tablets and am just not interested in them).

I'd highly recommend the Samsung 900X Model: NP900X3C Series 9 laptop. I use the 13.3" ver.

Although a little more expensive than most, it's extremely light, very thin and very fast. I used it recently whilst on a 2 week trip to Tokyo and it was a dream. My only -'ve comment on it would be the touch pad but I've never liked using these input mechanisms when doing photo work - so I brought a Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse .

I'm VERY happy to have paid a little bit more as even after 2 months usage I'm still thrilled to have brought it. The laptop is just pure quality.

-- hide signature --

- Simon, Sydney

Thanks to both for the responses.

I think I looked at that today; beautiful aluminium finish, 128gb SSD? Do you find the 13.3 screen big enough for photo processing? I have to say that I was very tempted by it and by e 14 inch version. Is the a specific issue with the Samsung touchpad? I seem to remember a review to that effect, but, as I say, I'd rather get real users' opinions.

The Bootcamp option in the Mac would involve buying Windows (doesn't work with W8 yet, I don't think), which  would be extra expense, so I still think Windows for me.

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow