Olympus Pen ep3 vs. Olympus OMD EM5 for Non-Professional?

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Questions thread
AnandaSim
Forum ProPosts: 13,422Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus Pen ep3 vs. Olympus OMD EM5 for Non-Professional?
In reply to gwlaw99, Jan 27, 2013

Travels4Food wrote:

Good morning -

I'm a camera/photography enthusiast looking to upgrade from my Canon G9, and I've been looking at micro four-thirds cameras for some time now. By and large, I'm so far a point-and-shoot enthusiast, though I think I'm pretty good and would like to own a camera with which I can learn more. Also, I will be traveling to the Galapagos Islands in April, and would like to bring a camera that is portable but takes really beautiful photos, mostly stills (not into photographing sports).

A few details that might be of help: I'm 5' 3" and not eager to carry a lot of bulk (this is one reason why the Sony NEX line got dropped from the running - it seems like as soon as it has a lens on it, it's very bulky); I'm relatively computer savvy; my budget is up to about $1300, but I'd love to spend less. I want a camera that's good in a wide array of light levels, that takes photos quickly, and that provides high-enough-quality images for me to consider printing them in larger format (likely no bigger than 24"x36).

If you have other camera suggestions, I'm open to them as well. Thank you in advance for any guidance you can offer.

Better to get am epm2 which has the same sensor as the OMD without the viewfinder and a somewhat lesser anti shake mechanism.

And no electronic level display. But I love my E-PM2

AnandaSim's gear list:AnandaSim's gear list
Kodak EasyShare P880 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-620 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Olympus PEN E-PM2 +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow