The End Of My X-Pro Era

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mr Hyde
Regular MemberPosts: 119
Like?
Re: The End Of My X-Pro Era
In reply to ardenpress, Jan 27, 2013

ardenpress wrote:

I sympathize with the XP1 issues. I've had one for a couple of weeks and have been trying to make it work to my satisfaction. But it is a Leica wanabee and succeeds, or is veryvery close in image quality. At least it seems so when I take a picture with my m9 and then with the xp1.

I was hoping that the auto focusing would make a huge difference, but it doesn't. In fact I think that the Leica can be just as fast if one knows how to prefocus. Fuji has made a huge mistake in not providing that one major item at a quality level. Sony did with their Nex series.I hope I am making the right assumption that the new Leica will have the same image quality with their new CMOS sensor. We'll see. Leica finally is coming into the 21st century with their modest upgrades. Being a retires geezer I may not live long enough to see them make autofocusing lenses on the M. They have it on the S series. But if they drop the manual focus simplicity on the M that will be the end of Leica. Fuji has at least proven that they can makes pictures of equal or near equal quality. But Fuji has no excuse for their screwy auto focusing system. It is frustrating to use especially when zooming in as you focus; everything in the viewfinder wobbles. If they can fix that and get Lightroom and Adobe to deal with their proprietary sensor I will be in nirvana.

Hope all you NZealanders are well. Wonderful and great and beautiful country.

Ed Robbins (yank from NJ)

With respect, I have to disagree about Sony and NEX system, if you mean that Sony did manage to nail the AF issue; I had a NEX 7, and the AF on that was at least as poor (good?) as that on the X-Pro 1. However, that may be the point you are making; did you mean that Sony, too, made the mistake made by Fuji?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow