Started Jan 27, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
timnitro
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Dynamic Range
Jan 27, 2013

As my last question about HDR was being debated I was also wondering what the dynamic range settings did.

In manual mode,I can set dynamic range from 100%-200%-400%. IN EXR Dynamic range mode I can set it from !00%-1600%. I played around with taking multiple shots in and outdoors to see the difference in the pictures. i tried 100% and then 1600%. The effects were well... minimal. I guess i could say the 1600% was a little brighter and the shadows were a bit more prominent. I set up my tripod to try some bracketing with the film simulation(which seems pointless as they are very similar.)and the dynamic range. when I looked at the pictures it took and again...at this point im thinking "Why the Hell do you need this". so at this point im somewhat annoyed at my camera for the lack of knowledge that comes from the manual and the lack of support i can find online like i can find on more popular cameras. Anyways, i just would like some info on this dynamic range nonsense.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow