B&H selling returned products: Question for Mr. Henry Posner

Started Jan 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
mandm
Regular MemberPosts: 464Gear list
Like?
Mr. Henry Posner has a Good Point About Bad Customers
In reply to henryp, Jan 27, 2013

Henry P. touched on this problem in his reply; Any store with a return policy that charges a restocking fee or return shipping unless the item is 'defective' will have some people claiming a (totally false) random problem on the item they are returning just too get all their money back. It happens.

Comment on 'If the dealer takes it out of the box to show me, it's now used' or 'They should have everything on display' My local dealer doesn't have the Nikon 200-400mm on display, but they have one in a box, if I ask to see it on a demo camera, but don't buy it, is it now a open box or used item because I touched it and fired off a few shots in the store? I don't consider that being a used lens and would have no issue buying it.

In the Minneapolis & St Paul Minnesota Metro area I have 5 National Camera stores I can shop at, one is only 3 miles from my home. No one has to ever ask them to match B&H on price, because that is their price for everyone, everyday and their in stock selection is great. Next year is their 100th Anniversary and it is owned by the Grandson of the man who started it back in 1914, John is 3rd generation running it. I don't work there, but I do shop there and have for 45 years starting when I was 15.

The prom dress with the tags on it at the prom, in some schools it's a status symbol that you are ripping off the store because you are going to return it. Just like students wearing a big buck leather jacket to school with the security tag still on it or the ink stain on it showing you removed the security device, both show you stole it and that's what they want others to know. The school staff have been told not to comment on anyone's attire, maybe the store just forgot to take the device off, right. Minneapolis & St Paul Minnesota area, another reason I live in a outer ring suburb.

-- hide signature --

mandmp; 100% of my income since 1972 has been due to a camera. My hobby turned into an enjoyable & profitable career.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow