Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Zubu Barunda
Senior MemberPosts: 2,298Gear list
Like?
Re: Blessed
In reply to fad, Jan 27, 2013

fad wrote:

Zubu Barunda wrote:

I just love the photo, and the artistic vision. This photo is artistically mature, with the contrast between the face in darkness with the starburst light above, visually simple but emotionally evocative.

I wish the title did less to constrain my interaction with the photo. Something like: "A light above her" would make the same point, but leave the viewer with more freedom to explore her own reaction.

Thank you Frank, I do agree that the choice of this title is not the best. I would prefer to present my photographs without any titles, but I use them as a mater of convenience as this makes it easier to refer to the individual photographs by their name instead of their description. I thought of another title 'A Star' which would be better and incidentally is a title of another photograph, which I am planning to post. Therefore in order to avoid any confusion between the two I decided to call this photo 'Blessed'.

-- hide signature --

Frank
Unless noted, all photos shot in downtown Manhattan.
Thanks in advance for the kindness of your comments.
http://sidewalkshadows.com/blog/ (street photos)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
2New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow