Shopping for monitors. Would like some opinions.

Started Jan 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jalmod90
Forum MemberPosts: 56Gear list
Like?
Re: Shopping for monitors. Would like some opinions.
In reply to CAcreeks, Jan 27, 2013

CAcreeks wrote:

Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM is hard to beat for features, price, and (probably) durability.

Certainly the Apple 27" LED Cinema Display is better, but it costs $700 more and uses lots more electricity.

Both are top rated by "a leading consumer magazine." Sorry I can't speak to the off brands, except to report AOC i2353Ph is check rated as a bargain buy.

Personally speaking as the owner of a U2312HM, I do not feel that 1080 pixels is high enough, but that's life in the 16:9 era.

I'm going to consider the Dell if I don't end up going with a 27" display. I would get the cinema display, but I no longer own a Mac and I don't know how well it plays with Windows 7 using an unsupported driver.

-- hide signature --

"In the Internet age, the bathroom is now the photography studio.In the film age, the bathroom was the developing lab.
And before the film age, I guess it was just the outhouse." - Anonymous

Jalmod90's gear list:Jalmod90's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Adobe Photoshop CS6 Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow