P7700 gives poor dynamic range / brightness results?

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Sol Invictus
Regular MemberPosts: 279Gear list
Like?
Re: P770 gives poor dynamic range / brightness results?
In reply to Nikonworks, Jan 27, 2013

I never said that photography is my profession, rather I'm trying to find a way to produce images that I (can) like. I've read the posts about the way my P7700 treats eV but I guess that what I need is P7700's clarity/detail combined with FZ-150's way of treating an image (colors etc). Again, almost all of this discussion is focused on how the P7700 responds to light and I think that there are some quick ways to fix that (software PP). Its the color reproduction that also bothers me. Images come out flat and not so "interesting".

*I wanted to have acceptable results straight OOC and not rely on software tools to have a good result. Thats what I was expecting from a premium compact.

-- hide signature --

To see a world in a grain of sand and a heaven in a wild flower, hold Infinity in the palm of your hand and Eternity in an hour...

Sol Invictus's gear list:Sol Invictus's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 24-70mm F4 OSS ACDSee Pro 5 HDRsoft Photomatix Pro DxO Optics Pro Elite +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow