how many $$$ have legacy lenses saved for you? and aren't they fun?

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
tedolf
Forum ProPosts: 16,915Gear list
Like?
Rams and sheep......
In reply to mgibbs, Jan 27, 2013

mgibbs wrote:

Looks like most have not had the same pleasant experience that I have with legacy glass....maybe I've attracted the "wrong sort" with my thread title. next time i'll consider more carefully.....

at any rate, if you've been spending full boat for native m43 lenses, by all means don't let your significant other see my original post!

this thread was bound to separate the rams from the sheep.

Let's face it, someone who learned in the film era is not intimidated by manual focus, and MF with the VF-2 and magnified view is a dream compared to entry level dingy dSLR viewfinders.

Those folks find legacy glass to be like finding money on the sidewalk.

But if AF is all you know, legacy glass is going to be terrifying and you can't expect people like that to admit to their fears/lack of skills rather than make excuses as to why legacy lenses are bad, expesive useless, etc.

tedoloph

tedolf's gear list:tedolf's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow