Slow handling of ORF raw files in Lightroom 4?

Started Jan 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
String
Senior MemberPosts: 1,348Gear list
Like?
Re: Slow handling of ORF raw files in Lightroom 4?
In reply to cptobvious, Jan 27, 2013

cptobvious wrote:

I got my E-PL5 several days ago and took it out yesterday for the first time. When loading the raw files into LR4, one thing I noticed is that it takes much longer for LR to process the raw file. In particular, it takes maybe 2 or 3 times as long to show the file in full detail when zooming in to 100% compared to my Canon/Nikon/Sony raw files. Does anyone else have this issue or is it just me?

I'm not noticing any difference from Nikon nef's to the Oly orf's in LR4.3.

As others have suggested, check your catalog and try a defrag. Check your cache settings and try to put it on a separate drive. I've also noticed that LR (and PS) loves memory and its cheap these days so maybe increase that?

Just for referance, my system is an i7, 16GB, 120GB SSD for the OS and a couple of 1TB data drives. Running Win7 64.

String's gear list:String's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow