OM-D E-M5 a huge disappointment for me...

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
nolaalon
Junior MemberPosts: 29
Like?
Re: OM-D E-M5 a huge disappointment for me...
In reply to chino, Jan 27, 2013

chino wrote:

My experience is quite the opposite, I'm coming from a 5dmk2 & 7d combo. I took the OM-D to a wedding 5 months ago as a second camera, and that was that. If it wasn't for the om-d-II/E-7/something new pro-like upcoming, plus lack of availability of the 35-100mm panny in my country, i would have gone full mirrorless by now. I'm NOT a 'Oly fanboy' the OM-D is my first digital Olympus camera.

So, back to your issue: After having taken some 5-6000 frames with the OM-D i can say there's no perceptible shutter shock-worse than expected. If you come from another system, maybe you need to change your technique, as i found out i had to do myself. There's also the issue of lenses, i get excellent results with my primes, and the panny 14-42, but not with the OM-D kit lens.

I have never touched the shutter shock setting, as a matter of fact I've forgotten that it exists til I read your post

Interesting, thanks for sharing your experience.  Do you use an anti-shock delay? It sounds like you are getting great performance from your OM-D.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow