OM-D E-M5 a huge disappointment for me...

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
nolaalon
Junior MemberPosts: 29
Like?
Re: OM-D E-M5 a huge disappointment for me...
In reply to BrentR, Jan 27, 2013

BrentR wrote:

I've concluded that the E-M5 is not the weapon of choice for low light shooting of moving objects. This is where the my big Nikon D3s still carry the day with instant autofocus and way better focus tracking. I also much prefer a full frame body for shooting wide. The 12mm Oly is a very nice lens but I don't always want the perspective of a 12mm to get the FOV of a 24mm lens.

Having said that, I can't understand why you would be "hugely disappointed" by the E-M5. I've had it at Mardi Gras parades the last two evenings and got some great results in low light with the 75mm Oly lens. It can deliver but is a bit trickier than the Nikon Pro bodies. Overall, what a great little camera; it delivers marvelous results in a wide range of conditions.

IMHO, the E-M5 is a pretty decent weapon but realize it's an assault rifle and not a tank.

Regards,

Brent

I will agree with you on the quality of the camera, it is capable of incredible image quality.  It is a bit ironic that a camera with such great high iso performance would be considered to be "not the weapon of choice" for low light situation.  That said, I can see from the replies that not everyone is experiencing the problems I am seeing and it all other respects it is a really fine camera...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow