Can I do better than the 24-105 kit lens?

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
RS_RS
Senior MemberPosts: 1,448
Like?
Re: Can I do better than the 24-105 kit lens?
In reply to Sunpilot, Jan 27, 2013

Sunpilot wrote:

I am new to digital photography...making the jump from film and point and shoot cameras.

I just ordered a 6d kit with the 24-105 lens. It will be here tomorrow or Tuesday. I'm not sure if I should keep the kit lens or sell it and go for a different mix of lenses.

I almost always shoot scenery and architecture (rustic buildings, farm equipment, etc.) and night sky shots. Not really into sports or wildlife shooting.

I really enjoy ultra wide lens shooting, and I am not sure if the kit lens will satisfy me...I'm on a tight budget right now, so I can't just go and buy a bunch of lenses. Should I sell the kit lens and get an ultra wide and a cheaper zoom? Any advice would be appreciated

-- hide signature --

You're never lost, because no matter where you go...there you are

The 24~105 is an excellent lens, and bought as part of a kit is very good value for money, and you would need to spend a great deal more money to improve on it with a 24~70/2.8L II or /4L IS; both have a smaller zoom range and the first has no IS but does offer an extra stop. Learn about FF DSLR photography with the combination you have on order and on the basis if what you learn, decide what you need to change or add.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow