Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
TThorne
Senior MemberPosts: 2,146
Re: Some pointless discussions lately
In reply to autoy, Jan 27, 2013

autoy wrote:

TThorne wrote:

I'm really happy that you like your X-Cam/s as do I, but criticism of the tool is just as valuable to potential buyers as tips, instructions, and examples of the positive aspects of the camera. Just because owners do not like to see any mention of flaws in the equipment they chose to their money on does not mean that information is silly or non constructive. Would you also suggest a sticky of all the known issues and obstacles potential buyers should know prior to purchase? Or how about a sticky that points out the various types of photography and the level of difficulty that might be experienced if using one of the current X-Cams?

-- hide signature --

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Sir Winston Churchill

It's not that there can't be any criticism, it's that every little niggle with the X cameras is so completely overblown with dozen of repeated threads at this point that's totally misguiding newcomers and filling the forum with noise.

As for misguiding newcomers, I offer the following. Levels of ease and comfortability with any camera are purely subjective and are never absolute. There are people who say that the X-Series is not suitable for sports type photography, and I would hesitate to disagree with them because it is a perfectly valid conclusion for a person to draw. However, there is a poster here who was clever enough to take some great high speed ice hockey photos, with the infamously slow 60mm nonetheless. I would personally rather go down that path and find clever ways to make it work for me, as I have done, but that doesn't make my answer the right one, and what is overblown to one person may be insurmountable to another based on their needs.

As for forum noise... I don't know what everyone's lives here look like on a daily basis, but if I couldn't handle the noise on this forum, I would certainly find cause to take my own life.

-- hide signature --

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Sir Winston Churchill

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow