Blowing up shitt

Started Jan 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
TiagoReil
Senior MemberPosts: 1,499Gear list
Like?
Re: Blowing up shitt
In reply to Rabster64, Jan 27, 2013

Rabster64 wrote:

Got to admit to loving the picture but couldn't put my finger on what it was that was niggling me until this critique which is spot on. This is what constructive critique is all about, fair, accurate and non confrontational. A good point well put Tiago. Now I look forward to the revised image from devisor.

Bill R.

It took me a bit to get it too. I thought it was the shadows at first, cause that is the typical mistake (light is at the right, but the shadows go the other way, or things like that), But checking it it wasn't the case. And it shows the photographer took special attention to the background when taking the photo of the girl, to make it match with the ambient light on that wagon.

As the creator said, and many retouchers say it too, you need to get out of your work a bit, and come back, or check it again next day, cause you start to miss things when you look at it for too long. Your brain compensates for the errors and you don't see them any more.

TiagoReil's gear list:TiagoReil's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM Sigma 70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow