Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pannayar
Regular MemberPosts: 193
Like?
RX100 my experience
Jan 27, 2013

Compared to my other camera (like the LX7).  Some of these may be minor, but wanted to mention everything that I came across.

Do not like:

* Cannot see histogram and level-gauge at same time.

* Cannot see histogram when adjusting EV compensation.

* Steady shot (Image Stabilization) effectiveness.  Lot of blurry shots even around 1/30.  The camera seems to like "1/30" and does not prefer to go faster than that but prefers to reduce the ISO instead.

* Lack of even a 1 EV AEB (exposure bracketing).  Allow only 0.7 EV.  VERY disappointing for HDR.  I hope they fix this in a firmware release.

* Built in HDR/DRO mode, I had some high hopes on the HDR mode as it lets you dial settings like EV ranges (upto 6 EV).  But even at the max 6 EV range, the results are not all that great.  On the DRO mode, it brings out shadows and darker regions, but bright regions remain bright/clipped (so you have to make sure there is no bright region in your composed frame).  This is one of my rather big complaint, a lot of pics tend to have blown highlights...

* Zooming in (review mode) starts all the way from zoomed-in, not a big deal but different from all other cameras and requires getting used to it.

* Low light shots are good/better than LX7, but the results from LX7 seem to yield themselves better to a bit of sharpening (in irfanview).

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow