Monopod and m43

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
ldrider
Regular MemberPosts: 217Gear list
Like?
Re: Monopod and m43
In reply to maggiemole, Jan 27, 2013

I almost always use a monopod with my M43 camera.

I have a Carbon Fiber Benro MC-91ex, with the Benro B-0 ball head. The three legs extended to maximum is a good standing height for my 6' height.

My camera is attach to a neck strap, and the camera w/lens on the monopod is comfortable just hanging around my neck.

The monopod serves double duty for me. It steadies the camera, plus it assists me in standing up from a kneeling position, I'm an old guy.

The monopod is a must have when shooting with telephoto lens, even with the stabilization. Yes, the in camera stabilization is awesome but if I want a really sharp shot, and I do, then using the support of the monopod is helpful. It is also required when shooting up close and macro shots.

Many do not use a ball head with a monopod, but the Benro B-0 ball head is very small and provides maximum flexibility in composing the shot.

I have a full size Benro Carbon Fiber tripod with a Kirk head, but rarely use it. The Monopod is just so much easier to extend and carry around.

ldrider's gear list:ldrider's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony Alpha 7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow