Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 31,887Gear list
Like?
never
In reply to Sunshine_boy, Jan 27, 2013

Sunshine_boy wrote:

Nightwings wrote:

Do you all think it will be before a pinhead sensor camera can produce an image like this at 100% crop. Do you think we will even get there? (Joms.... don't click on that link, it will make you sick with envy... as it did me.)

100% crop from the middle 1/16th of the frame - D800

-- hide signature --

Nikon AF - One Shot ..... One Kill

I think the question should be:

"How long do you think cams that now use pin head sensors will have full frame sensors in them and produce images like this?"

My answer to this would be "much sooner than many think" but maybe not with the full zoom ranges as now...

A full frame sensor will drive costs of the whole kit to above $2000 ... because a body and two lenses of similar reach today would cost about 4 grand. And are huge and heavy.

There is no way to make a bridge camera with the stunning range they have today with FF sensors ... the laws of physics deny it.

But ... pushing the X-S1 up to a 1" sensor might be possible and still get to, say, 500mm ...

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow