which would be the best raw processor for the XE-1?

Started Jan 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Al Valentino
Senior MemberPosts: 4,348Gear list
Like?
Re: which would be the best raw processor for the XE-1?
In reply to Joel Stern, Jan 27, 2013

Joel Stern wrote:

Al Valentino wrote:

nixda wrote:

Al Valentino wrote:

Another possibility is Capture One Express. It is only $99 and should include the X-trans conversions soon, but hopefully will be upgraded to version 7 since version 6 is over two years old. I am waiting to see if that happens. I would do the basics of raw conversion then open in Photoshop to finish off which is what I always do, plus I could use my plugins, like Topaz and Nik Viveza. Topaz Denoise has the best noise reduction and i prefer to do selective adjustments on layers.

Anyway, it doesnt exist yet, neither does Accuraw which I want to test out once it is finished. Right not i am shooting jpeg and can see doing that for 90% or more of my fuji pictures

You can test AccuRaw right now: https://sites.google.com/site/accuraw/beta-download

Thanks. I had thought Beta was closed. Anyway, I just tried it but it will not work on my computer. It seems that it needs at least 10.7 Lion to work and I am still using 10.6 Snow Leopard.

I believe it is a free upgrade to mt. Lion, but it will do some funny things to your computer. Old versions off word will not work, for instance.

It is not the price of the upgrade of the OS, it is the price of an entirely new calibration kit with sensor for my monitors, especially my NEC monitor, as that is not compatible with snow leopard. That will cost roughly $300. I know I will have to bite the bullet someday but money is very tight right now and I am selling things to pay for my Fuji XE1. Just sold my Sigma 150-500 and one or two more lenses to sell and possibly one of my two Nikon SB800 speedlights - and replace one with a fuji EF42. But I did download accuraw earlier today and it would not work, then checked the website and it is my OS. However, Accuraw looks very promising, so does SP3 but I need to make the time to learn it.

Al Valentino's gear list:Al Valentino's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow