how many $$$ have legacy lenses saved for you? and aren't they fun?

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
eques
Senior MemberPosts: 1,622Gear list
Like?
Legacy glass is useful.
In reply to mgibbs, Jan 27, 2013

When I bought into mFT I did this, because of the possibility to adapt my old AIS Nikkors.
But soon it became clear that MF with the Panasonic G1 is difficult and takes a lot of time, with the G2 it is faster (only 1 button to press).

I used the Micro Nikkor 3,5/55mm quite often for macro photography and it is extremley sharp and renders the colors without the yellowish tinge of the Panasonic lenses. So the macro lens is very useful for static objects.

The Nikkor 2,5/105mm is nice for theater and general indoor photos.

When on holidays this summer, the Panasonic 14-45 remained on the other camera, so I used my NIkkor 3,5/20mm as standard FL and it was surpisingly ok. For holiday pictures you have enough time to focus manually. However after 2 weeks I picked up a 1,7/20mm, which is sharper and faster.

Still, quite often I think of getting a body for my MF lenses, but it would have to have focus peaking or an OVF. The obvious choices are NEX 6, D7000 or D600.

Peter.

eques's gear list:eques's gear list
Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow