Starting a Home-Studio - Anybody familiar with Jinbei DM2-400?

Started Jan 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
one1002
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Re: Starting a Home-Studio - Anybody familiar with Jinbei DM2-400?
In reply to Sailor Blue, Jan 27, 2013

Sailor Blue wrote:

The made in Thailand lights I bought use 60W modeling lights and frankly they are pretty dim. The first time I tried using them was with a Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS kit lens and the camera had trouble focusing because of the limited aperture. I have no trouble with my Tamron f/2.8 28-75mm lens or my Canon f/4 70-200mm lens.

300 Ws is sufficient for small and medium sized modifiers. I would put the upper limit at a 3'x5' softbox or a 5' umbrella with an ISO of 200 and an aperture of f/8.

My major concern would be the type of speedring used. Bowens is the most frequently used on on Chinese lights. Either a Bowens or an Elinchrome mount makes it easy to find modifiers.

-- hide signature --

Living and loving it in Bangkok, Thailand. Canon 7D - See the gear list for the rest.

Hi there, thank you for the reply

For the modeling light, yes it could be one of the drawbacks. But in studio or home-studio, i could always turn on the fluorescent lights and up my shutter speed to 1/250s so there will be no ambient left.

I'll probably test my portable 600ws strobe and decide which power would be better to use for my homestudio.

And yes the jinbei use Bowens S-fit mount. Elinchrom's modifiers seems pretty expensive for me.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow