Moving on from posts re selling a Fuji X camera or X-trans problems...

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
framus
Contributing MemberPosts: 847Gear list
Like?
Re: Moving on from posts re selling a Fuji X camera or X-trans problems...
In reply to Rod McD, Jan 27, 2013

Rod McD wrote:

I think you need to be a tad kinder on those new to the XE1 and the RAW issues. A good few are genuine and not trolling. I'm one of them - I've been lurking here researching whether to get an XE1 and which lens, etc, etc. If I do buy one, I'll probably be like others new to the X series in that I'd be coming from another brand. People should do some research - sure - but amongst the months of threads on the subject there are many conflicting opinions. And things evolve....... What's wrong with asking forum members for the up-to-the-minute situation with RAW and the latest workarounds or SW to address them?

Rod

The 'many conflicting opinions' that are apparent here are not necessarily objective.  This is DPreview, some come here to entertain themselves, peep at pixels, and prognosticate about specifications. This is what they value about photography. They may or may not make pictures. But they love to stir the pot. Some have speculated that they are bored adolescents who enjoy melodrama.

In my view, DPreview forums are a poor place for researching photo tools. Signal to noise here is poor. When it comes to raw conversion, from my tests, much of the criticism is overly negative and based primarily on pixel peeping, not print making.

-Framus

framus's gear list:framus's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-T1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow