which would be the best raw processor for the XE-1?

Started Jan 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
nixda
Senior MemberPosts: 1,876Gear list
Like?
Re: which would be the best raw processor for the XE-1?
In reply to David Hardaway, Jan 27, 2013

David Hardaway wrote:

I have spent a great deal of time trying different optiions. C1 does a good job and has good micro co trast, but as another memeber has mentioned, LR does a better job with highlights.

Depending on the subject, LR does a decent job with sharpening 150 radius .6 detail 0 masking 0. That seems to work just fine untkl they get the bugs worked out arou d foliage.

However, the best results i have been able to achieve came from exporting RAF files from the bundled Silkypix to 16bit TIF without any adjustments except 100% unsharp mask in development parameters. It works fast. Then import your TIF files into lightroom where you will have exposure latitude similar to what you get with RAF and further sharpening can be done in LR if needed without causing watercolor effect.

It is a work around but it does work and works well.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
David
www.photographybydmichael.com

I wonder if you have tried exporting linear DNG files from AccuRaw with all parameters 'zero'd' (essentially only demosaicing) and then importing into LR/PS.

nixda's gear list:nixda's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow