Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lance B
Forum ProPosts: 27,288Gear list
Like?
Eastern Yellow Robin and severe crops
Jan 27, 2013

Giving my new D800E a work out today with my 500mm f4 VR. Here is a shot of an Eastern Yellow Robin and a severe crop, about 80% linear.

Original.

D800E + 500mm f4 VR, f5, 1/1000sec, ISO640, handheld.

Crop of above:

The next shot is not the greatest of shots, but I am only showing it for I what I think is quite a remarkable AF feat by the camera and not the only one that was remarkable on the day as I got quite a few of them, the D800E was quite amazing for AF accuarcy and speed. I basically saw the bird, then I literally lifted the camera and pointed it at the bird and it focused on it straight away, no problem, even though it was through foliage as you can see.

This is a Black Faced Monarch, a little rare in our area and the first of these I have ever seen. A very shy bird and this is the only opportunity I have ever had to get a shot of one of these birds. There is no noise reduction applied.

D800E + 500mm f4 VR, 1/1000sec, f5, ISO4000, Handheld, cropped about 20%.

Lance B's gear list:Lance B's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/4G ED VR +11 more
Nikon D800E Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow