What is Post-Production ?? Photoshop and how different people view it.

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DaveKaiPiper
Forum MemberPosts: 89Gear list
Like?
What is Post-Production ?? Photoshop and how different people view it.
Jan 27, 2013

A few days ago I wrote a blog about some of the elements surrounding Photoshop and how different people view it.

I maybe wrong about a few things, but, if I am not very mistaken,a few countries in the world are seriously looking at forcing advertising that uses image manipulation during the creation process of it’s advertising to carry a warning or a statement to say as such. Our French neighbors seem to be the leading voice here. But I understand that the there is a growing American contingent also. Quite an odd things considering some magazines actually make a whole trade in  showing “shocking celeb” photos of people looking normal. So what is going on. I get the feeling this is just people needing to shout about something. It’s like vegans telling us bacon is bad for you every day. Why do we need a warning if we know that photos are manipulated? Is there a problem that I really just am missing. Is the work we produce really that bad harmful. ........

You can read the whole blog here  -   http://www.davepiper.org.uk/blog/archives/7842

-- hide signature --

DaveKaiPiper's gear list:DaveKaiPiper's gear list
Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow