OM-D E-M5 a huge disappointment for me...

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
daddyo
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,173Gear list
Like?
Your hand holding technique is too good...
In reply to nolaalon, Jan 27, 2013

I do not have any issues with 'shutter shock' on either of my E-M5's -- regardless of lens used.

After reading all kinds of posts on this issue, it is my belief that the IBIS system in the E-M5 is so sensitive that those who have very steady hand holding technique tend to be the ones who experience this the most.

I believe that those with really good hand holding technique create a situation much like mounting the camera on a tripod, but there is just enough movement to cause the IBIS to correct when it's not needed, causing the blurred or double image.

Those like me who tend to be a bit shaky when hand holding, have no problem because the IBIS is doing just what it is supposed to do.

Perhaps you are trying too hard to hold the camera steady when hand holding:-) -- or perhaps I am entirely wrong on this. All I know is that I can't seem to make it happen, but it is clearly a real issue for some shooters.

God Bless,

Greg

www.imagismphotos.com

www.mccroskery.zenfolio.com

www.pbase.com//daddyo

daddyo's gear list:daddyo's gear list
Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow