Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Wojtek Bialy
Junior MemberPosts: 40
Like?
LR4 - One catalog, two HDs
Jan 27, 2013

I have a macbook with SSD drive. It's fast, but soon it won'd be able to handle all of my pictures. I'd love to (and have to) use two drives for one catalog. I don't like making things complicated, that's why probably only one catalog, but if you have other suggestions - I'm absolutely open to hear them.

I was thinking about something which I'm not really sure is possible - like automatising the process so i.e. "all of the pictures older than 3 months and with rating less than 3 stars are automatically moved to my external drive". Sounds great for me (but again, maybe you guys know much better options), because that way I'll always have 1) the most recent and 2) the best pictures with me. If that's not possible I could do something similar myself, but honestly I'm not really sure how.

Do you have any ideas or resources (online tutorial, article, or something) on how to easily manage pictures in LR using two drives - one for "best and recent" pictures, other for "let's keep those, just in case" pictures? I'd really appreciate it

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow