XF-1 Owners ...

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
NIK11
Senior MemberPosts: 2,737
Like?
Re: XF-1 lens not as good as X-10
In reply to CAcreeks, Jan 27, 2013

CAcreeks wrote:

It is easy to see in the I-R.com Comparometer that the X10 lens produces sharper results than the XF1 for a similar scene. You will have to pixel peep because the difference is not dramatic.

And yet when you compare these 2 on the DPRE comparometer there's only a hair's breadth between them (at low ISO's). Also, on the I.R. site the S110 doesn't seem to perform anywhere near as well as it does on DPRE. Maybe oof or bad sample with I.R?

Some reviewers say the XF1 lens is sharp through the range with only mild corner softness, others suggest the lens just isn't up to scratch overall. One German lab site gives the XF1 very high marks(digitalkamera.de) whilst another (chip.de) marks it down below the compact average.

I have to say that with the inconsistency of respectable Review sites and DPRE's admission that RX100 samples should viewed with caution, due to depth of focus(focal plane) issues, I am very wary about making any final judgement on IQ from these studio samples.

So, like the OP I would welcome some more hands-on stuff from users.

Nick

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow