Question: should I try a37 for some old MD lenses?

Started Jan 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Simao
Regular MemberPosts: 146Gear list
Like?
Re: Question: should I try a37 for some old MD lenses?
In reply to Patrick Leong, Jan 27, 2013

My reply might be a bit late, but here is my input. Simply put, the lenses are not really worth buying a camera for. if you still want to buy a camera it has to be mirrorless camera like the NEX but you then have the stabilization issue, in mirrorless cameras in-body stablization is possibly only available in the Olympus mirrorless models.
If you want to buy Sony DSLR then you will have three choices for adapters.
-adapter without a lens for Macro work.

- a generic adapter with lens that usually adds 1.5x to focal length (in addition to the 1.5x crop)

- a special 2x minolta tele-converter
The yellowish tint is a result of the coating (to my understanding) you can always correct the white balance to an extent by shooting with custom white balance and using a grey or a white card to get the right one.
All of these add focal length to lenses that are already too long.
If your hands are weak and you want to get the best out of the two worlds (P&S and DSLR) buy an advanced P&S like the mini wonder Sony RX100 or the Canon G15 (that comes with more buttons and controls).

Simao's gear list:Simao's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX100 II Sony SLT-A77 Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow