Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
David V
Contributing MemberPosts: 989Gear list
Like?
Re: Moving on from X series
In reply to bigpigbig, Jan 27, 2013

bigpigbig wrote:

XXXPro wrote:

After seeing the X-Pro end of era post I got to thinking and decided that it's not worth persisting with X series cams given the problems I and others have to deal with on a day to day basis. I will be visiting the store on Monday to ask for a part exchange. I doubt any of you care but I wanted to say thank you and goodbye.

My story: I switched to X series (X-Pro 1 and the original trinity of lenses... 18, 35 and 60 to be exact) in the hope that it'd be a lightweight kit to replace my Canon SLRs. It is lightweight, but that's about all I got in trade. IQ is not better than my old system especially high ISO and resolution. That is not surprising since it's a full frame vs. crop comparison and Canon own every part of the design of their sensors. Raw processing has been a nightmare, forcing me to give up my experience with Lightroom and battle with various annoying programs. Adobe and Fuji both failed to meet expectations there with no sign of the situation changing on either side.

But my real mistake was hoping that the X-Pro 1 could autofocus in a way I can rely on. This is the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak. Giving up AF speed turned out to be a mistake for me. I shoot many subjects but my bread is won shooting action up close which is an area the X series is very weak at. Firmware updates improved the situation from unusable to tolerable for amateur and non-action work but the simple fact is that I need SLR quality focusing.

There's no one thing that would change the situation for me. I tried to make the best of things but ultimately I made the wrong choice moving to X series. Oh well, it's only money.

Thanks for everything and goodbye all.

You are a professional shooting close action for money and you thought the x-pro1 was the answer?

If I were you I would try a Leica.

In 5 minutes of Internet research you'd have known the xpro-1 is not designed with that in mind.

Indeed.....I have never met a true pro that would have made a decision like this on equipment without knowing for sure that it would work for them in their trade.  I smell BS, and lots of it.

When you create your next screen name with which to troll, please spare us the suicide note.

David V's gear list:David V's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow