The End Of My X-Pro Era

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
theNeverKings
Regular MemberPosts: 173
Like?
Re: The End Of My X-Pro Era
In reply to seukel, Jan 27, 2013

seukel wrote:

That's just my perspective for what it is worth. Others will be happy with the camera and shooting JPEG etc - great for them and I have no desire to change anyone's mind. Enjoy it!

You don't want to change our minds? Oh, how kind! Thanks to you! Thank you so much! You make us so happy.

Are you angry? You appear offended by the OP's post. why?

Unfortunately, the OP's experience parallels mine. I didn't spend the best part of $2500 on a whim. I researched the camera thoroughly and wrote off negative comments as coming from "trolls" or people who had unrealistic expectations of the camera. It ended up costing me about a grand, since I sold it just after the price drop (who's the d!ckhead now then?).

I used the camera as a "walk around" camera and to do some photodocumentary work, and far too often I found myself battling with the AF system, even after the V2 firmware upgrade. It just took the enjoyment out of using what otherwise was a fine piece of engineering. Also, I just don't think the Xtrans sensor lives up to the hype (nothing but praise for the 35 f1.4 lens though).

Given that hindsight is 20/20, I wish that I'd come across more posts like that of the OP and thus given the OMD a closer look.

Cheers.

P.S. I'm breaking a personal rule by responding to your post, but I am at a loss as to why you responded the way you did and to what you hope to gain by your behaviour.  In the course of researching the OMD via other Internet fora and blogs, I've come to appreciate how unecessarily petulant and nasty some people can be at DPReview. Again...why?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow