A65 battery life/drain

Started Jan 26, 2013 | Questions thread
labe
Senior MemberPosts: 2,819Gear list
Like?
Sony battery drain is well known....
In reply to Max Burke, Jan 27, 2013

I have had many sony dslrs/slts ,nex etc and they have all suffered dormant battery drain. A good friend of mine owns a camera shop and all his sony cams are the same.  It seems the cameras internal clocks are to blame. Some cameras are worse than others.

What i have found is that if you charge a battery up and leave it out of the camera it holds its charge no problem. If the same battery is placed in the camera it goes flat after a few weeks if left unused. So what ive done is buy cheap batteries to leave in the camera when been stored or not used. Charge up my sony batteries and leave them in the bag but out of the camera. When i want to use the camera i swap the batteries out and put the cheapo on charge while im out . I am getting 350-500 shots before the battery runs low by doing this. Hope this helps you out. Cheers Paul UK

-- hide signature --

new to technology,always learning

labe's gear list:labe's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix IS-1 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Sony Alpha NEX-3 Nikon D610 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow