RR-80 Remote Schematics

Started Jan 26, 2013 | Questions thread
umanemo
Regular MemberPosts: 162Gear list
Like?
Re: RR-80 Remote Schematics
In reply to JimLong, Jan 27, 2013

Thanks, JimLong, I appreciate your input!

Here's my concept to approach focus stacking slicing automation for my X-E1, since Promote and Helicon do not support Fuji's (yet?)

I am thinking to "Band Drive" my focus ring with a stepper motor. The "Move" pulse will turn the focus ring one increment then trigger the RR-80 hack or simply the micro jack connection to trip the shutter. (of course dis-regarding the AF command) I simply focus to infinity and start the program and the slices will be shot in even increments all the way back to the minimum mechanical focus distance. The stepper motor circuit is a simple IC driven by a simple amplifier that would run on a 9v battery, a pocketable box the size of a Marlboro box. Fix it to the tripod - stretch around the mylar band (Fuji already provided the teeth on their XF focus rings), press start and Voila!

I would gladly pay for that system but it apparently doesn't exist (yet?)

If anyone seen this hacked already, it would be a time saver, I would appreciate the head start if you could let me know any links that may exist.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow