OM-D E-M5 a huge disappointment for me...

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Paul De Bra
Forum ProPosts: 11,056Gear list
Like?
Re: OM-D E-M5 a huge disappointment for me...
In reply to nolaalon, Jan 27, 2013

Shutter shock exists on all cameras with a mechanical shutter. On a dslr people generally do not notice it because the mirror slap gives much more vibration than the shutter shock.

I just have 1/8s shutter shock enabled. For me this completely eliminates the issue with my lenses. You may think that the 1/8s delay is unacceptable, but given the speed at which modern lenses focus (the 20mm f/1.8 is an exception with slower focus) the delay is easy enough to work with. The total delay from button press to shot being taken is still lower than with any digicam that's a few years old. I only had faster times with my dslr and ultra fast focusing lenses.

If you want the fastest possible response there currently is no alternative to the dslr with pdaf focusing and ultra-fast lenses, like Canon's USM lenses. The E-M5 is about as good as it gets in the mirrorless world and if this isn't good enough for you, go the dslr route until some time in the future the mechanical shutter gets eliminated completely (not in the half-baked way it is on the Panasonic GH3).

-- hide signature --

Slowly learning to use the Olympus OM-D E-M5.
Public pictures at http://debra.zenfolio.com/.

Paul De Bra's gear list:Paul De Bra's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow