DP2M In Perspective

Started Jan 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
MoreorLess
Senior MemberPosts: 2,214
Like?
Re: DP2M In Perspective
In reply to DMillier, Jan 27, 2013

DMillier wrote:

Fair enough - although I heard it on good authority that Sigma do have a long term objective of being a top 3 camera system maker, not a niche player.

-- hide signature --

Personally I think there much better placed to do that with DSLR's than they are with compacts were they have neither the R&D budget to perfect new tech to the extent the big boys do nore the easily adapted lenses for their own system.

What they really need is IMHO a DSLR that exploits the advanatges of the sensor. The SD1 might offer image quality at a similar level of FF DSLR's from an ASPC sensor but if its the size and price of a FF DSLR were is the attraction?

If the SD1's price can't be dropped further I'd suggest they really need to introduce a model below it with the same sensor or if possible above it with a FF sensor. Performance outside low ISO IQ might still lag somewhat behind the big names but would I'd guess meet the minimum requirements of more potential buyers.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow